Comfort Inn & Suites
5025 County Road V (Directions: Interstate 94 > County Road V)
DeForest, WI 53532
- Call before 10/18/2021, use Optimist Club 4236762 Group: 608-846-9100
- Room rate $82.00 single or double occupancy.
- Deadline for cancellation without penalty, 4 pm November 5.
Message from Governor John Fons:
Tired of the Daily News? Then make some of your own. Make your Optimism Come True. Attend the SWIS District First Quarter Conference in DeForest, WI at the Comfort Inn and Suites, otherwise known as the North Star Conference Center on Saturday, November 6. If you're a member of the Executive Committee, your presence is also requested the evening of Friday, November 5.
Expect good fellowship, good food and a chance to be among those Optimists who chart the course of our activities and community involvement for the year to come. Live music with lunch on Saturday? You've got it. Special Guests and First Timers? Of course. This is your Conference. Wear a Cheerful Countenance At All Times and Expect Only The Best!
Executive Meeting: November 5th, 2021, 7 PM See the: Executive_Mtg_Agenda
- Past Governor's Breakfast, 7 AM; Registration & Continental Breakfast, 8 - 9:30 AM.
- "Mix and Match", casual interaction between Governors /New /Continuing Optimists
- Conference introduction: 9:30 AM, Welcomes, Panel Discussion Q&A.
- "Sink or Swim" Breakout Sessions, learn about 'Changing the Oil", 'What's the Noise?"
- Special Music at lunch followed by Guest Speaker, Art Taggart, Epilepsy Foundation.
- OI Foundation Raffle, Business Meeting, Comments/Updates.
- Governor's Comments and Summation: "Proving It", end with OPTIMIST CREED.
More Information available at: SCHEDULE-at-a-Glance
Conference Registration available at: SWIS_Qtr1_Registration
Breakfast goodies, Plated Chicken Cordon Bleu, with sides OR Vegetarian dishes for lunch, afternoon snacks. Registration Included: $40 - Optimists, $25 - First Timers.
How to register:
- Register and Pay Online:
Online registration is open during the registration dates shown above. When open, use the blue 'Register Online' button to submit your registration and pay online using our secure checkout process. This is our preferred choice as it allows us to manage the registrations and payment much more easily.
- Register Online, then Pay By Mail, Phone, or at the Conference:
Register during the open registration dates using the blue Register Online button. During the checkout process - simply select the option to Pay By Mail/Phone, or Pay At The Door. If you prefer to phone-in, mail, or pay at the door - by registering online you help us plan the necessary conference accommodations, make name badges in advance, coordinate seating and meals based on the number of members and guests registered in advance.
- Just show up:
Last minute attendees are always welcome at the door. (Limited lunches and choices available). While we prefer the online process so we can plan based on the number of people registering, we'll always have a door registration person at the conference and welcome walk ins.
Our online registration process has changed. So if you have any difficulty registering online, please use our Contact Us form. We'll be happy to help you register, and see if we need to tweak things to make it easier for everyone!
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!